Laugh yourself to better mental health.
Sometimes comedic therapy is all we have…
- …those infamous bacon and hot pocket skits compliments of Jim Gaffigan. (Ok, anything Gaffigan!)
- …Old men in skinny pants
- Freudian slips said to your own mother: “sure, we would like to come over for Sunday dinner if you aren’t doing someone.”
- …I recently (mis)heard a student tell my class their passion: collecting vintage wine and handcuffs, when instead he said cuff links. (And yes, I apologized profusely as the class laughed and immediately called my supervisor to report myself.)
- …really, really bad tattoos. Likely, a decision made while you were liquored up while friends both encouraged the poor choice and enjoyed selfies with you.
- …leggings are not actual pants. How did this ridiculous fad reach all sizes of people, now complimented by lace up wedges and a crop top? (Yes, I am presently in another airport.)
- Algorithms, robot arms, living with your mother, just the sound of meat called brisket and/or the “wallowitz coefficient” to supplement a new view on Superheros thanks to The Big Bang Theory.
- How is camoflage a fashion statement outside of the forest? We see you.
- …”Literally” everything Rob Lowe says on the classic, Parks and Rec.
- …that the ever changing rules in U.S. healthcare are proportionate to the ever changing rules social media brings parenting today’s teen
- …my 70+ yr old dad has been pulled over by local law enforcement on an early morning for driving (puttering) too SLOW on his scooter
- My sweet niece practicing yoga, singing Happy birthday in Italian, or making a sand castle for her Auntie M
- A good friend’s son jumping head over tail on the family dog or writing a story about aliens just because he knows it is ok to play, take risk and be his best self without judgement
- How about those blue-tooth ear pieces colleagues wear 24/7? You speak only to have them reply to their call but smile at you
- This is almost as good as finding yourself leaving a voicemail BEFORE the beep, because the recording is so real.
- Hearing my daughter tell me her life is over, because I shut down Netflix for month one of high school as we test the grade waters.
- Shag carpet and shellac still exist in the RV world and actually win for aesthetics in the “I have disposable income so let’s trade up of late age road trips.”
- And because I am sitting directly next to a wannabe LA based actor with the the most nasally, startling voice EVER, cheers to karma for bringing us laughter when we least expect.
Breathe deeply, laugh hard and be well.