women really are like spaghetti
The bear cave is so booooooring. They won’t let me back to work until the thyroid hormone is up to par, but sleeping most of the day and taking a shower as big cross off’s on my daily list are simply not giving me enough productivity to boost my self esteem. There is simply no satisfaction in emptying the dishwasher.
I even purchased yarn and plan to check You Tube to learn to knit. My daughter asked me if we would get a cat if I learned to knit. Oh dear, what does that say about the direction my life has taken? We don’t even like cats.
It did strike me as I was waking from a nap today that they let me operate a moving vehicle, but Tuesday as I drove my sweet girl to her last basketball game, we waited for a stop light at a stop sign. (There is a word that should go here.) And yes, in my absence of a normal stream of consciousness, it seems the vernacular should be clear. But no.
To make my ‘come/go brain availability’ worse, once I did arrive at the game, I tripped up (yes, up) the bleachers in front of the entire junior high crowd. Thankfully, I had on rockin’ boots and makeup. (Of all days, this is where a blue velour dance mom jumpsuit would have been ideal.)
Reality is, the lack of an important hormone and a lot of sleep make for whacked out thinking in my awake time. A few examples:
– What do ice truckers think about while driving down the big hill?
– More than one of my MU XO sorority sisters used the term “kick cancer’s f’n balls” in notes to me. The fact that I noticed the trend probably says something. Yes, we all graduated.
– They rate blogs. The previous bullet may have made R. What could qualify as a G? Princess stories, recipes and learning to knit, I suppose?
– A women’s brain really is like spaghetti. Is a man’s really as compartmentalized as a waffle? (another great read, btw)
– If you have a glass of wine just prior to the radiation, is it a nuclear cocktail?
– Why do kids love gummy worms? They are worms.
– I really like my new t-shirt, “If dance were any easier, they would call it football.” Won’t however choose for the next MU home game.
– I should have sent my blog to the Junior Mint people.
Cheers to my friends who sent me goodies and notes and the future of a clear head where words don’t disappear just before I type. No wonder they won’t let me back to work quite yet.