Mel”ness” in a Murphy way.
Ever watched “You, Me and Dupree“? Ok, yeah, I’m on movie overload, but hey, what more can you do besides read*, sleep (a lot!) and watch movies while in isolation and no thyroid hormone? Certainly not going to read the Affordable Care Act (sorry, MA).
Regardless, I’m out of seclusion and looking for any excuse to escape my sick house. Well, in the end of the movie, Dupree talks about finding the “ness” within, meaning, the Melissa”Ness”, the Jo”Ness”, the Apple”Ness” (guess it doesn’t really work for movie star kids). Anyway, some recent Mel”Ness” to enjoy….
– Today, I slept 17 of 24 hours. Seriously. I will soon need a ROHO mattress to protect me from pressure ulcers and deep vein thrombosis.
– Gave my credit card to a restaurant last weekend and ordered a Kettle One and Cranberry Juice. He looked down and laughed. No need to ask for additional ID when the card is branded Toys R’Us.
– What’s up with the teenage girls wearing their phones in their back-pockets instead of a purse these days? I tried it recently, and I dropped the darn iPhone in the toilet. (All iPhones should come with a bag of rice to soak out the phone. Accessorize, ladies.)
– Just ran to the Circle K to get my sweet girl and me treats for the Golden Globes. Wearing my favorite Aerosmith ball cap, I was looking down at my goodies when the dude in front of me pointed out I was singing along to Aerosmith on the quickie mart overhead. Suddenly, I found myself covering the back side of the hat that references the Aerosmith roller coaster at MGM/Disney.
– Why is there no zip lock on the top of my new discovery, the Crocker pot liner? (Ruth, please get on that, and name me in the patent.)
– Sugar free Reeces Pieces. What’s the point?
– A magic eight ball really does have all the answers. Should come with the engagement ring.
– Jack Black owns his Jack”Ness”. (oh dear, that isn’t what I meant at all but funny after so much sleep).
– My sweet girl just rolled her eyes at me again. Man, it can brutal and wonderful at the same time to be a lovable, beautiful, charming, smart, self-aware mama. And I gave up George Clooney, my walk on the red carpet tonight, a fabulous on-stage singing and modeling career and big money for a marketing career in STL? LOL. Of course I did.
white lights to a future year of Murphy”Ness” and more…
* p.s.- ‘Start Where You Are‘ (Pema Chodron), Hunger Games series, ‘Man Down, Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt Women are Better Cops, Gamblers, Spies, World Leaders, Beer Tasters, Hedge Fund Managers and Just about everything else‘ (Dan Abrams) are great reads.