Murphy, Mel’s way… yep, the path continues…
Most of the time, I want to cry and laugh at the same time. Especially in these last 15 months. My perfect storm (or life’s path for me right now), whatever you prefer to call it, just keeps moving along, and ready or not, my ‘Murphy Mel Moments’ have joined me every step of the way.
And thankfully so. A little humor keeps us real, right?
Perhaps that is what is needed when it feels so hard that we must get through just one more day or even just a moment….a good giggle and a profound (or not) look at our own humanness. A recent Myers Briggs analysis again demonstrates I am on off the chart ENFJ for the third time (extroverted feeling with introverted intuition). I am so out there, I could be a serial killer or Ronald Reagan and represent only 5% of the population. But the reality is, I am a perfect combo of my psychotherapist mom and attorney dad. In other words, a perfect manipulator….ok, yeah, a diplomatic markete(e)r and rockin’ saleswoman who can ask for the order. 🙂 And the fun of this role allows me the comfort level to share my own humanness and be who I am, as ridiculous as it sometimes may be. Who wears a red boa for work with red striped stockings in honor of Heart Health month? Only a marketer!
So what has happened since we last reviewed the Murphy side of Mel:
– My new car was parked on a hill last week, and while the day before I had 45 miles worth of gas, the hill was just steep enough not to allow the automatic start to catch…LOL! I am 41, and my dad had to bring me gas to get it over the hill/start line to catch. Really? Never in my life has this type A run out of gas. (for the record, there appears to be a problem with the fuel indicator)
– As recent Administrator on Call for the hospital, I was doing my due diligence at 7:30am on a Saturday to check in, while on my way to an engagement opportunity to work our booth, I ran a red light by accident. (not trying to increase volume, I promise). Thankfully, I was safe, but really? I work for a hospital.
– First day back to work after medical leave, and I can’t find my phone. Where did that darn thing go? At lunchtime, it appeared. It was in my lunchbox in the fridge. 🙂
– Would you guess only one dept. can have an office that resides on the 4th floor of one building but connects directly to the fifth of the neighbor building. Only my team can live on two floors at the same time. Perfect and quirky. No one else holds that honor.
– The week before trading in my previous car, I backed out of the condo garage to tear off the right side rearview mirror completely. I park out front now. But I have a very clean (and empty) garage.
– I realized in boxing up and donating more books to Goodwill I have purchased and read the same book 3x. Apparently, I enjoyed each time.
– New condo. Three months. Microwave stops working. Do they think I can cook, or is this a trick to get me out?
– Prepared a lovely iMovie on my personal Powerbook Mac for fun after a work event, only to have our CEO love the piece and ask to show at the upcoming BOD meeting. As I went to finish this past weekend however, I added the “juice app”- meaning, spilled juice into the machine. Yep, the machine was a goner and out of warranty. Can’t understand why the Geek squad doesn’t have a juice clause.
– Did I every mention a bird hit my spokes while training for a serious cycling event? Yeah, pretty much a downer for the rest of the ride.
– Don’t attempt travel to Brazil without a Visa. It’s important.
I’ve missed writing. Thank you for your patience and kind notes. Just feeling much fatigue and still working to find the old me. I did however Zipline with a great group two weeks ago and have a Mud Run in June, so every day I try a little harder to find my way back to good health.
Thanks for believing in me.